Thursday, August 17, 2006

3.'ekolu


view of the world yesterday toward Hualalai Mountain , 6:30 p.m.

a moody morning sky...fat petulant clouds were grumbling muaka, following last night's heavy heavy rain. (my little grass seedlings were thowin' a party!) still no surf, but I paddled around anyway ...ahhh...it felt sooo good to submerge. kakahiaka, my kona.
a flock of wild parrots went careening overhead. (so what do you call a flock of 'em all flapping like mad and squawking at the top of their little lungs! ) wonder what they're so excited about? hey Jan, they're heading toward your house!

finished up several more in the "surf series". wonder if my friends will recognize themselves. They're all oils on wood panels.

The shots I used for my surfers' inspiration were from Kahaluu and Lymans last winter in the big surf. (I just love the winters here! of course I love the summers too...sigh...) I'll post a few more the next time... and maybe I should start noting the sizes of the paintings here?....hmm..



My neighbors' mangos...I've got my eye on these...(just a few more days...!)

word today is 'woo". as in court and spark!
(or "wooo wooo" as in those mangos!)

aloha (yet another beautiful word),
"elle"

No comments: